The content of sleep talking is often similar to usual thinking, mostly things that you think about during the day.
Sleep talk is more common in children with neurosis and neurological instability. Sleep talking is a quality tendency. According to research, falling asleep does not mean that the brain will rest, but will become more active.
After falling asleep, people will enter a light sleep period (dreaming at this time) and a deep sleep period (eyeball movement slows down).
The light sleep period and the deep sleep period form a cycle. The first cycle time is shorter and the second cycle time is longer. In the deep sleep period of the third cycle, there may be sleepwalking or sleep talking.
When a person sleeps, the brain rests, but a certain part of the nerve cells may not rest. This is the time when a person does not sleep deeply. Because nerve cells are still active, people will have dreams.
If the part of nerve cells responsible for speech is still in a state of excitement, they will direct people to speak. This is a dream talk.
The expression of dream talk is very inconsistent. It can be just the silent movement of the lips or the murmur of murmurs.
It can be a few words with unclear articulation and weird tones, or fluent speech and singing with impeccable vocalization and grammar. It can also be laughing, crying, lamenting, moaning, cheering, roaring, etc.
Causes of sleep talking
- People who often talk in dreams are mostly over-tempered, over-heated, and nervous. The manifested physical condition is breath, dry throat.
- It may cause by excessive stress and mental stress from work and life.
- Manifestation of neurasthenia, which is more common in children with neurosis and neurological instability.
- Maybe the mental and psychological condition is not good.
How to treat
- Don’t overeat or be too hungry before going to bed.
- Drinking a glass of milk before going to bed will help sleep.
- Actively participate in physical exercises, pay attention to cultivating and improving your own character. Take part in user group activities, and develop a lively, cheerful, friendly, and social character.
- Listen to music more. Music can relieve mental fatigue. Listening to music before you sleep allows you to relax in your sleep.
- Poor sleep may also be due to the deficiency of liver and kidney yin, so eat more glutinous rice porridge with lily, wolfberry, lotus seed in your diet
- There is also a need to relax the mentality. It is not easy to fall asleep if you are always nervous. Just relax as much as possible, take a hot bath, and listen to soothing music before going to bed.
In fact, the treatment method is to treat the symptoms but not the cause. The most important thing is to learn to relax and regulate mental stress in daily life. This will help improve the quality of sleep and reduce sleep talking.