Create healthy habits and use this free printable water tracker bullet journal page to track your daily water intake. Your day is busy, you may have a lot on your mind and drinking enough water can be one of the first things to slip your mind.
However, drinking enough water is one of the most important things you can do for your body and mind.
If you’re having trouble sleeping, try ShutEye, a great sleep app. (Download ShutEye for Android and iOS.) It brings a wide variety of tools to help you fall asleep and stay asleep. It also creates a comfortable sleep space with relaxing sounds and ambient noise. So stop tossing and turning all night, and starting falling asleep healthily and naturally.
What is water tracker bullet journal?
Your day is busy, you may have a lot on your mind and drinking enough water can be one of the first things to slip your mind. A water tracker bullet journal is the journal with simple charts where you mark off every time you drink a glass of water.
A water tracker is a good way to keep count of how many glasses of water you’ve had each day. It can also also help encourage you to drink more, establish the good habit of keeping hydrated and make you feel generally better!
How much water should you drink?
Do you drink enough water throughout the day?
“Health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember.” writes Kris Gunnars at Healthline. Gunnars also goes on to note there are many variable to how much water we actually need based on internal and external factors.
Some of those factors that vary your intake can be weight, age, exercise, weather, and diet just to name a few.
Taking notes of things like headaches, tiredness and dizziness can be warning signs that you are not drinking enough water.
As a rough guide, women should be drinking around 9 glasses of water a day and men around 13 glasses. But remember this is only a rough guide, be sure to become aware of your own needs and alter them according to your daily activity and health.
What are the benefits of drinking water?
Here are just a few benefits to healthy water intake:
- Can help you lose weight ( sometimes that hungry feeling is actually thirst!)
- Helps improve your focus and brain function
- Boost your skin and help you stay more youthful
- Keeps your digestive system running smoothly
- May reduce headaches
- Keeps your joints working healthily
Now you know why you should be drinking more water…but how can you make that happen?
How to start a water tracker bullet journal?
Remembering to drink water throughout the day is something people tend to forget. So, keep a water tracker bullet journal is crucial. If you are new to bullet journaling start here.
How to keep track of water intake with water tracker bullet journal
- Print off this free water drink tracker every month and add it to your Bullet Journal monthly spread.
- Print the sheet off once and laminate. Then just slide the page into your journal. This way you can easily reuse the sheet over and over again.
- Cut out the small squares and stick them into your weekly spreads for easy and fun water tracking.
If you’re looking for more habit tracker ideas, then have a look at our post.
Tracking your water intake does not have to be difficult. Some ideas for adding a water tracker in a bullet journal are:
- Add a small habit tracker to your daily or weekly spread. You can be fancy with water drops, glasses, shapes, or even a bottle divided into segments – all of which you can color in as you drink during the day.
- Be simple and just add ticks in a special allocated spot in your journal page as you drink glasses of water.
- Add a month-long water tracker on your habit tracking spread. This is a great way to be more conscious of your habits and the reasons you may not drink enough. By glancing at the month as a whole you can see patterns emerging.
How to increase your water intake
Now more than ever people are drinking more coffee, soda, and other beverages. Lots of these drinks are loaded with sugar and flavors, which can make water seem a little bland.
There are some easy ways to make sure you drink more water every day though.
- Use a water tracker
Studies say it can take up to 66 days to create ( or break) a habit. Of course, we are all a little different. But if you set a goal of tracking your water for 2-3 months then it is a great way to create a healthy habit around water intake. Be sure to place your tracker somewhere you will notice it often. On the fridge or leaving your journal open at the tracker page on your desk are a couple of suggestions.
- Be creative with water
Some people find water too bland to drink glass after glass. Pep up your water naturally with slices of lemon, lime, or orange and herbs like mint. Do not use flavors but the real thing.
- Use a water tracker bottle
Did you know that there are water bottles that track how much you drink? Mind blown. This is a great idea to make sure you keep sipping throughout the day.
Hope you enjoyed these ideas for water trackers! Hopefully they will spur you on to create good habits with your water consumption. Why not give some of them a go in your next weekly spread?