Why not make self-care a priority instead of attempting to fit it into your busy schedule? You can keep track of all aspects of your health and well-being in one handy spot with the help of this self-care planner.
What are good self-care activities?
Self-care will be a lot easier now that you have these printable self-care planner to help you with it. Once you start practicing self-care regularly, it will become a habit that will improve your happiness and mental health.
You may find that the world and the people in it make greater demands on your time, energy, and the emotions then you may feel not able to handle at times.This is why it’s so vital to take care of yourself, but what are good self-cate activities? Here we compiled some awesome ways to spend your next day of self-care:
Exercise gives your brain a mall burst of energy. It stimulates your blood circulation and awakens your entire body. If you’ve spent the entire day at work or in class, this is really important. Even a short 20-minute workout can boost your mood and keep you on track for a pleasant day. And remember, it’s about moving, not about pushing yourself past your limits.
2. Create something
Art and crafts can be a wonderful way to release your creative energy while also putting you in a calm frame of mind. The benefit of including arts and crafts in your self-care routine is that it doesn’t require any creative aptitude or skill level. You can relax your mind by falling into a creative trance while painting, drawing, making origami, knitting, or even coloring.
3. Get outside
Take a deep breath of fresh air and step outside! Being in nature can surely alleviate stress, anxiety, and even depression. Don’t worry, you won’t have to venture into the wild to reap the rewards. Going to a neighboring park, soccer field, or even your own backyard can have a significant impact on your mood. Take a walk, bring a picnic, and get some Vitamin D.
When we talk about metal health, it’s about taking the steps to get yourself out of bed in the morning. It’s equally as vital to make sure you get enough sleep at night, especially if your regular schedule has you staying up late and waking up early. Whether it’s finally getting 8 or 9 hours of sleep, or even just sneaking in a 20-minute nap, there’s no better way to take care of yourself than to get the sleep that your schedule doesn’t always allow for. Why not try ShutEye? iPhone or iPad, charger and turn on what you need, these 3 simple steps to give you the best experience you’ve ever had during a good night sleep! Read here about How ShutEye Works.
What should be included in a self care planner?
Self-care is a very personal matter. Everyone will take a different approach. It has to do with what you do at work and outside of work to maintain your overall health so that you can meet your personal and professional obligations. Below are the different aspects to self-care:
- Workplace or professional
Workplace or professional self-care
This involves activities that help you to work consistently at the professional level expected of you.
- engage in regular supervision or consulting with a more experienced colleague
- set up a peer-support group
- be strict with boundaries between clients/students and staff
- read professional journals
- attend professional development programs.
Activities that help you stay healthy, and with enough energy to get through your daily life.
- Develop a regular sleep routine.
- Aim for a healthy diet.
- Take lunch breaks.
- Go for a walk at lunchtime.
- Take your dog for a walk after work.
- Use your sick leave.
- Get some exercise before/after work regularly.
Activities that help you to feel clear-headed and able to intellectually engage with the professional challenges that are found in your work and personal life.
- Keep a reflective journal.
- Seek and engage in external supervision or regularly consult with a more experienced colleague.
- Engage with a non-work hobby.
- Turn off your email and work phone outside of work hours.
- Make time for relaxation.
- Make time to engage with positive friends and family.
This involves having a sense of perspective beyond the day-to-day of life.
- Engage in reflective practices like meditation.
- Go on bush walks.
- Go to church/mosque/temple.
- Do yoga.
- Reflect with a close friend for support.
What is the first step in creating a self-care planner?
For each category above, choose at least one activity that you can undertake. There might be some overlap between these categories. It’s critical to create a holistic and personalized self-care planner.
- Download the self-care plan template or create your own.
- Fill your self-care planner with activities that you enjoy and that are beneficial to your health. Here are some suggestions.
- Place this planner in a place you’ll see it every day. It will be easier for you to think about and commit to the strategies in your plan if you keep it visible.
- Stick to your plan and practice the activities regularly. Just like an athlete doesn’t become fit by merely ‘thinking’ about fitness, as a worker you can’t expect to perform effectively without putting into practice a holistic plan for your wellbeing.
- Evaluate your progress at the end of one month, and then three months. Plans might take up to a month become a routines, so keep track of your progress and be realistic about your individual self-care goals.
How do you plan a perfect self-care day?
It’s best to plan ahead after you’ve decided to take a self-care day. Being in the proper frame of mind can assist you in being focused and making the most of your day.
Plan ahead and clear your schedule. By planning the date for your self-care day in advance you can prepare your self-care activities. You can also schedule your commitments around the day, so you’re not under too much pressure that week.
Wake up early. There’s something very motivating about waking early with purpose, so use that to start your self-care routine off the right way.
Plan your self-care day activities. Decide what time you’d like to wake up and start your day. Plan in time for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Set a sensible end to your day, with plenty of winding down time before bed after your self-care routines.