Sometimes, when the baby is sleepy, he will cry. How to help baby sleep at night? Why do babies dislike sleeping so much? Why does a baby cry when sleeping?
Many parents have a headache facing this problem and feel that they have to hold their baby all day long. But in fact, not only your baby is like this, most babies have this problem. Usually, after three months, it will gradually relieve.
Please recall the scene every time you sleep: When you sleep, does your brain immediately become blank? Obviously not. Usually, you will involuntarily think about things, and often you don’t know when you fell asleep.
This is how a person transitions to sleep in a state of awakening.
Babies face the same problem when they sleep. The baby came into this world for a short time, and there is not so much information in his mind. He can’t use the information to convert, so he needs comforters to help the baby convert from an awakened state to a sleep state.
At this time, if you force your baby to fall asleep by himself, the baby will cry. In fact, crying is also one of the conversion methods for babies to fall asleep.
Some babies will sleep by sucking their mother’s nipple, which is what we call milk to sleep, some like to fall asleep with the familiar smell of saliva towels, some babies eat pacifiers, some babies suck their fingers, others hugged, patted, coaxed, and walked around the room.
Parents should not think that the baby tends to sleep because the baby needs to hug and pat before going to bed and refuse to coax the baby to sleep.
Don’t see your baby relying on a pacifier before going to bed and then think this is a serious problem, and you should correct it immediately. These are all normal, and they are all methods for babies to comfort themselves and enter sleep mode.
As a parent, choose a comforter that you think is appropriate and that your baby can accept voluntarily.
You should pay attention to observe the baby’s condition and take corresponding countermeasures. As for baby sleep. It is necessary to develop a pre-sleep habit for the baby and establish a sense of sleep ritual. After the baby shows sleepiness at night, give the baby a hot bath, drink milk, and go to sleep. Can adjust according to your own situation. But the principle is to have regularity and perform the same bedtime routine at about the same time every day to help children naturally form a habit before going to bed.
Tips to help baby sleep:
- The baby needs an external force to help him adjust his emotions and enter the sleep state. After removing the cause of the baby’s disease, forcing the baby to lie in bed to sleep, the baby will cry.
- Sleep comforters for babies are different and there is no standard. As a parent, you can choose a method of comfort before going to bed. You think is appropriate and that your baby can voluntarily accept.
- As the baby becomes more and more autonomous. There will be situations where the baby is unwilling to go to bed because he is playful.
- If the parents are late from getting off work. They can play some quiet games with the baby after returning home. So as not to make the baby too excited and affect sleep.
- Help your baby establish a sleep program before going to bed. Establish a sense of ritual, and let him develop sleep habits naturally.
Whether the baby can sleep well and develop good sleeping habits, the key lies in the cultivation of parents. Many parents will show up and feel that it is okay right now. But as the baby grows up, they feel that this is not a good habit and want to correct it, but this is too painful for the baby.
By the way, there are many white noise apps for babies out there, but if you want the most comprehensive and most detailed (not to mention most popular) option for new moms & dads, check out ShutEye.
Most babies prefer the oscillating fan setting, but there are tons of options like rain, train ride, and hair dryer. And this easy to use app gives you a range of time settings so you can customize how long a sound is played for.
Your may also like: