Even if people are tired, they can find it difficult to fall asleep as they lie in bed, worrying about things that aren’t present in their minds, such as tomorrow’s job or imagining future days.
How to fall asleep fast in 5 minutes? It’s not just a matter of how drained and tired you are when it comes to falling asleep easily. You might even be “too exhausted to sleep,” in which case you simply lie in your bed, worrying about the moment you must get up.
Five ways to fall asleep quickly:
- Relax your entire face, including the muscles of your mouth.
- Relax your shoulders and let your hands drop to the side of your body.
- Try to relax up to your chest as you exhale.
- Relax your legs, thighs, and calves.
- Clear your mind for 10 seconds by imagining a calming scene.
Here are some ways to fall asleep quickly which are proved by many people:
- Get up and do something with your hands or head, such as a jigsaw puzzle or hiding a book. Avoid watching TV and using modernized displays, since they reduce melatonin, a sleep-inducing synthetic.
- Hide your clock. Constantly checking the time simply makes you feel more stressed.
- Change your room temperature to 15.6~19.4 °C to build the most comfortable conditions.
- Make sure your room is dark since this can help your brain make melatonin.
- Take a warm shower before bed. Studies show that this can prepare your body to rest and relax.
- Be sure your hands and feet are warm.
- Visualize a calming scene may make you fall asleep faster.
- Listen to some calming music. Classical music is a good choice.
- Relax your muscles before bedtime.
- Take a deep breath when you can’t relax.
Sleep quality is very important to everyone. A night of good sleep will make people have better energy to face difficulties or setbacks in life the next day.
If you have trouble sleeping, try ShutEye, an all-in-one sleep app. ShutEye brings a wide variety of tools to help you fall asleep and understand your sleep cycles from a scientific perspective.
Learn from the above and hope you all have a sweet dream.
You may also like: